Beat the Street
Finance Club, ISB presents “Beat the Street – A Global Virtual Trading Competition” in association with NSE-ISB Trading Laboratory as the Knowledge Partner and TrakInvest as the Platform Partner.
Test your Bull & Bear strategy – Participate in a first of its kind virtual global trading competition conducted on TrakInvest – World`s first virtual social trading platform. Compete with participants from top B-schools across the world and understand how global bourses operate. Earn the highest alpha by trading in local and global markets and 'Beat the Street'.
1. Team of 2 members to participate in the competition by registering on Advaita website http://advaita.isb.edu/register-here
2. Registrations open from September 6, 2016 to September 13, 2016.
3. Registrations have to be done using your official B-school email id, no other email id will be accepted.
4. On September 14, 2016 a link to register on TrakInvest will be shared with all teams along with game code.
5. Registration on TrakInvest has to be done with same primary email id (ie. Email id of Team member 1) registered on Advaita website.
6. A player can be part of only 1 team.
7. Competition will be hosted as a game on TrakInvest platform
8. Each team will get virtual money in their registered home currency of USD 100,000 equivalent at the start of the game in their registered account.
9. Participants can trade across multiple bourses with their cash in hand.
10. Teams can start trading across any of the 10 listed bourses on TrakInvest from September 19, 2016 through September 23, 2016.
11. Participants to note the following
a. There is a time lag of 10 seconds between the real time stock prices and the prices on TrakInvest website.
b. Trading hours vary for the 10 bourses and any order received after trading closes will get reflected on the next day after the stock exchange opens.
c. The game involves trading in only equity and not derivatives etc.
d. Certain scripts might not be available for trading
12. At the close of game on September 23, 2016 top 2 teams will be identified as winners based on the percentage change in their portfolio net worth from start of the game.
13. At any point in the game you can access the leaderboard to check the top-20 performers and compare your performance with them.
14. A PDF handbook with details on how to play the game on TrakInvest will be shared with registered participants.
15. A Video tutorial can be accessed from the link: http://blog.trakinvest.com/trakinvest-video-tour/
16. For any issues during the game TrakInvest customer service will be available to respond to any queries.
17. Trading based on private/insider information and through assistance from any third party would lead to cancellation of participation.
18. The admins will monitor the transaction activity for every team. Any fraudulent activity detected will bar the team from competition. Decision taken to block user, cancel participation etc. by organizing committee would be final and binding.
• Eligibility: All students enrolled in a graduate program (including Executive MBAs) during the academic year 2016-2017 are eligible to participate in the competition.
• Team Composition: Each team must consist of a minimum of two and a maximum of three members, belonging to the same school/institution.
• A participant cannot be a member of more than one team
Registrations Window – September 6, 2016 00:00:01 am IST to September 13, 2016 11:59:59 pm IST
Game Duration – September 19, 2016 to September 23, 2016
Prizes over 2,000 USD to be won