The Trader's Realm
ABOUT THE EVENT
Finance Club, ISB presents The Trader’s Realm, a global virtual trading competition in association with TrakInvest as the Platform Partner and NSE ISB Trading Lab as the Knowledge Partner.
Registered teams get to
- Participate in one of its kind virtual global trading competition conducted on TrakInvest – world`s first virtual social trading platform; and
- Compete with participants from top B-schools across the world and understand how global stock markets operate.
The objective of the event is to earn the highest alpha by trading in local and global markets.
- Registration opens: 18th September, 2017
- Registration closes: 30th September, 2017
- Competition starts: 3rd October, 2017
Event Guidelines and Rules
- Registration for the event shall be permitted through the official b-school email address only.
The registration link for TrakInvest shall be shared with the registered teams via email.
- The competition will be hosted as a competition on TrakInvest platform.
- Event is open to all international and national B-school students.
- Allowable team size: 2-3 per team.
- There is no limit on the number of teams that can participate from a single institute; however,
no student from such an institute can be part of more than one team.
- One team cannot have members from different institutes.
- A team may comprise of 1st year or 2nd year students and/or a mix of both.
- All decisions regarding eligibility and final judgment shall rest with the Advaita team.
- The format and rules of events are subject to change before the start of the event.
- Any supplementary information meant for the teams shall be communicated directly to the team via email.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND REGULATIONS
- Each team will get virtual money in their registered home currency of [USD 100,000] equivalent at the start of the competition in their registered account.
- Participants can trade across multiple stock markets with their cash in hand.
- At any point during the competition a team can access the leaderboard to check the top-20 performers and compare your performance with them.
- At the close of the competition, winners will be identified and a cash prize of USD 2000 will be awarded to winner, identified based on the percentage change in their portfolio net worth from start of the simulation.
- A video tutorial for the competition can be accessed from the link: http://blog.trakinvest.com/trakinvest-video-tour
- There is a time lag of 10 seconds between the real time stock prices and the prices on TrakInvest website.
- Trading hours vary for the 10 stock markets and any order received after trading closes shall reflect the next day after the stock exchange opens.
- The competition involves trading in only equity and not derivatives etc.
- Certain scripts might not be available for trading
- The admins will monitor the transaction activity for every team. Any fraudulent activity detected will bar the team from competition. Decision taken to block any user, cancel participation etc. by the organizing committee would be final and binding.
- Trading based on private/insider information and through assistance from any third party would lead to cancellation of participation.
- Reporting Issues: Teams can contact the TrakInvest customer service all through the duration of the competition, in case of any issues with the simulation.
Exciting cash prizes to be won!